Author Topic: Samsung box issues  (Read 7220 times)

cableguy

• Lurker
  • Cable Provider: cablevision
Samsung box issues
« on: June 20, 2011, 02:40:40 PM »
Does anyone else using the new samsung box have this issue.  Your watching any given channel and then the picture goes out and you get the not authorized to receive channel screen.  The way to get rid of it is to just change the channel but it happens constantly

PP

• New Ranter
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
Re: Samsung box issues
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 04:02:05 PM »
I don't get that one with the Cablevision Samsung box, but on mine if I unplug the power for a while my resolution settings change back to 480p.  http://www.cablerant.com/index.php?topic=2378.0

This box really isn't ready yet and they should stop handing them out until they fix all the bugs.

kjharris

• Lurker
  • Cable Provider: cablevision
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 09:27:26 AM »
I also had problems with the Samsung box so I exchanged it for another at the cable store.  Then had problems with the second box.  I tried to get an SA box at the store but they said no longer available.  I called Cablevision and complained--they sent over a tech with another Samsung box and an SA box.  He had problems getting the Samsung box to work properly so he connected the SA box which worked with no problems.  At his suggestion I kept the SA box, which has continued to work perfectly.

buba_cv

• Seasoned Ranter
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 01:23:26 PM »
Thank goodness I still have my SA DVR and not the DVR Plus with the Samsung Box.  I would hate to have problems with my recorded shows.
Buba's Man Toys
  • Samsung LNT4061F - 40 inch HDTV
  • Samsung BD-P1500 - Blu-Ray Player
  • SA 8300HD - HD DVR
  • Samsung LN-T1954H - 19 inch HDTV
  • SA 4250HD - HD STB
  • Mono Price HDMI

RemyM

• Welsh Terrier
  • Seasoned Ranter
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 10:42:53 PM »
Thank goodness I still have my SA DVR and not the DVR Plus with the Samsung Box.  I would hate to have problems with my recorded shows.

DVR Plus doesn't work on the Samsung boxes.

buba_cv

• Seasoned Ranter
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 08:00:03 AM »

DVR Plus doesn't work on the Samsung boxes.

Thought it did.  Thanks for clarifying that.
Buba's Man Toys
  • Samsung LNT4061F - 40 inch HDTV
  • Samsung BD-P1500 - Blu-Ray Player
  • SA 8300HD - HD DVR
  • Samsung LN-T1954H - 19 inch HDTV
  • SA 4250HD - HD STB
  • Mono Price HDMI

Catchup

• Lurker
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision, Woodbury
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 12:01:02 PM »
I've had continuous problems with my Samsung box, since day one!  When I 1st complained to Cablevision, they told me to go to my local store and exchange it for a SA box.  But my store didn't have any more SA boxes left.  I took another Samsung and had the same problems.

Changing channels via the remote is a real chore.  The box reacts so slowly, it can't keep up if I press channel up too many times.  Displaying the channel guide after 6PM is a joke.  If it is 7PM, the channel guide does not start at that current time. 

Cablevision made the wrong choice with these boxes.  Maybe if enough of us complain, they will realize that the Samsung boxes simply stink!  But since they are a monopoly and basically do not care about their customers, that will never happen.

PP

• New Ranter
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 09:03:02 PM »
Found another problem.  When a channel is not available it actually displays "Channel not available on the Scientific Atlanta boxes."  However, on the Samsung boxes it is just a blank screen.  Because of this mistake I had a tech incorrectly state I had a signal issue.  When I called back, we troubleshooted the Scientific Atlanta box which had the message.  The message helped the tech realize the issue was on their end.  This issue probably leads to mistakes where techs are sent out for things that are really an in house issue.